Just so you know
It's time to give everyone a rundown on just what's going on in this world. Not that I think it's my job or that I think you don't, it's just that, frankly, this is the best way I make sure I keep up on things. I look at stories every week or so.
That's how I like my news, in bulk.
It was reported today that scientists have found a way to harvest stem cells without killing the embryo. This would be an enormous step forward in convincing the right-wing into going along with life-saving technology, right? Wrong. While it's adknowledged as a step in the right direction, many conservatives still deny the method's ethical standing. A representative for Rep. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) said that this technique is simply creating a twin and destroying it. However, there is virtually no evidence that the single cell holds the capacity to develop into a living organism. Regardless, the breakthrough is unlikely to change the view of the federal government.
I love how Congress believes themselves to know everything. Unlike bloggers....we're certain we know everthing.
Fresh out of the 'mixed signals' department, the FDA has relaxed restrictions on the sale of the Morning After pill. Honestly, I'm glad to see the government is on the same page here. I'm gonna have to beat my face with a mid-sized rock for a second to get my wits back.
That's better.
Shifting to something with a local flavor, there are eight petitioners for the republican nomination for Ohio's 18th Congressional district seat, formerly held by the departing Bob Ney. It was recently knocked down to seven when Dover mayor Richard Homrighausen dropped out to support the favorite, Joy "Terry Anderson tried to kill a baby while fucking a man in the ass and pissing on the American flag" Padgett. Blah.
However, there is a Cambridge man on the ballot, former Guernsey County health commissioner John Bennett. If Cambridge gets a man in the House I guarantee you they'll play 'Bad in Blue' to announce quorum calls. Also, Dave Wilson will work for C-Span.
If you don't get any of those previous two jokes then you're not lucky enough to have grown up here.
Finally, I'm not usually a supporter of fearmongering, but Iran really does scare the living shit out of me. I can't really explain it, but they're the only country in the middle east that's just crazy and powerful enough to follow through. Again, I base this on absolutely no research or fact, just a hunch. A hunch AND Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's blog. Yeah, I dabble in arabic.
And now, the obscene stack of italicised links.
Stem cells created without harming embryos, company says (CNN)
FDA Eases Limits on Plan B Sales (MyWay.com)
8 file in Republican primary for Ney’s seat (Columbus Dispatch)
Some in G.O.P. Say Iran Threat Is Played Down (New York Times)
Iranian Presidential Blog (Mahmoud "Mike Wallace's golf buddy" Ahmadinejad)

1 Comments:
Get a load of this shit, Mosser: They took Pluto away from us this morning!
Post a Comment
<< Home